SPECIAL FOCUS MINISTRIES DEPARTMENT
- Your YWR should be a member of the LCMS with a deep love and devotion for her Lord Jesus Christ.
- Your YWR must be able to participate in the full scope of the convention.
- Your YWR should be a mature young woman, preferably 22-35 years of age.
- Your YWR should know the commitment required of her following the convention as she steps into a volunteer leader role in her district, zone, or local group.
- Districts are encouraged to send two YWRs but may send up to four.
- Districts are responsible for all costs associated with your YWR’s attendance at the LWML convention. A cost estimate is provided at the end of this letter.
Please refer to the YWR Selection Guidelines found on the Young Women in Mission webpage for more information regarding participant selection recommendations.
Many of the 2019 Mobile YWRs prepared a report for their district conventions sharing the highlights of their experience in Mobile. We encourage you to reach out to these young women and ask them to help recruit the candidates for your 2021 YWRs. Soon some of their report videos will be uploaded to the Young Women in Mission webpage. We will notify you when these are available for you to access and use as a recruiting tool.
The Committee on Young Women is planning an intensive program which will immerse these young women into what LWML is all about. It is our goal that they will return to their districts, zones, and local groups ready to share what they have learned and to intensify their service to the Lord through our organization.
Do you want to be a Young Woman Representative (YWR) at the national convention? More information from National LWML about being a YWR